Thursday, February 4, 2010

For the last 2 years I have had the amazing privilege to receive my pay check from the church. I love working in full time ministry, but the truth is that I can be in full time ministry and be ministering less than if I would work at a grocery store. Today I began work at a grocery store, not to say working for the church isn't work, IT IS!, but today was eye opening to me. As I looked around at my fellow coworkers I realized that I may be the only witness for Christ in this workplace. I don't have to leave my desk or do an outreach to find somebody to share Jesus with. They are right around me and I could miss the opportunity to share Jesus if I don't begin to view my life as ministry. I think that we allow what we do to dictate who we are all to often.

God, make me into a full time minister in my workplace. Help me to view my job as the work you have called me to right now, for the people I work with.

3 comments:

  1. Sooo true. Painfully so, even. I'm picking up a shift at the coffee shop in February...really can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to see you started work.... I forgot to ask you the other night when I talked to you when you started.... I learned to think of my life as a ministry a long time ago and it was really "freeing" to me, as a lot of times I wouldn't think that I was doing enough for God as a wife and mother but then I realized I was so much more then that. I got the "mind set" that even while doing a simple thing like dishes, I wouldn't be praying while doing dishes, I would be doing dishes while living out my life in a prayer. That was such a revelation for me. I can't wait till next week when you get home. Shawan....... I just might hog tie him here. ha ha, just kidding, I love you both.

    ReplyDelete