Tuesday, June 1, 2010

This past weekend, Shawna and I packed our house and moved into a new apartment, went to 4 different church services with in a 24 hour period, enjoyed the holiday with some good friends, and we got a temporary new roommate named Gerry who is preparing to move out.

It has been a pretty awesome, pretty strange few days. Now we are preparing for our 3rd monthly service, June 6th. I'm beginning to get use to the fact the time goes by much quicker than you'd like it to. If I think long and hard it makes a little sense that we are already half way there to launching Freedom Valley Church - Tulsa. But this feeling of warped time and reminiscence still lingers.

We have had such an encouraging time with Gerry. Shawna and I both miss our families, and although we are very glad that we got to spend some much time with Gerry, it can't help but make you look forward to being together with people you love again, and that can be a little painful.

The next "together time" will be July 20-31. Forty-Nine days away. I am so looking forward to that time with family. But God help me to be satisfied, content and focused for your purposes here in Tulsa.

3 comments:

  1. Jake I have tried to keep up on you and Shawna plus the others... time is surely moving fast, you will always have this time in your heart and memory, kinda of like a launching pad for you and Shawna... I am soooo proud of the two of you for saying 'yes" to God to do this adventure. I am soooo very sure that mom and dad miss you more than you would ever know, but after some tears and praying alot they are reminded of the fact that you are serving God and their heart is warm, and soooo very proud of their little boy!!!! Praying for you both, with love, Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice, mom and dad miss him tremendously, still cry at the mention of his name, still thoughts go back to when he was a little boy...still has my heart burst with joy when I think of the man he has turned out to be........ but so very proud that he is walking with God and seeking His face. I love you Jacob with all my heart, and miss you so much!!!! Can't wait to hug you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a very, very good writer.

    ReplyDelete