Thursday, June 24, 2010

Shawna and I have this plant on our patio, its in the perfect location, just enough out of sight to slip my mind. About every 2 days I remember this plant and how desperately it needs water. This poor plant has been on the verge of death almost its entire life.

Today as I was about to walk out the door I remembered that I needed to go give the plant wanter. I thought to myself, how accurate a picture for most of our prayer lives?! We know we cant live without prayer, but we go days sometimes weeks until we feel so parched and almost dead. So we offer up enough prayer to make ourselves feel alive and then we start the process over again. Slowly drying up until we feel almost dead again.

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we don't give up." Galatians 6:9
Once I watered the plant, I decided to bring it inside and sit it in a place where I could see it and not forget  about it. How much better our prayers would be if we would take the time to care for for our prayer time and to protect it.

2 comments:

  1. So good Jake. I miss you and your wisdom...can't wait to see you guys in a few days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song!! It hits me every time like it was the first time I heard it. Miss you, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete