Saturday, June 12, 2010

Shawna and I are here in Tyler, Texas visiting with Keturah and Shawn. We have had a very wonderful time. I continue to be challenged and encouraged by my older sister. Today was a particularly special day in my life because I got to visit the grave site of Keith Green. Although I never got the chance to meet Keith, I feel like I know him very well. To this day Keith encourages me to seek Jesus alone, to put nothing before simply loving Jesus. As I stood and stared at Keiths tombstone I felt like I had so much to say and thank him for. Inscribed on the stone was John 12:24 "unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit." . Even as I read I was convicted. God has been speaking to my heart, and today will be remembered. I am so thankful for the revelation of Gods love and the intimacy with God that is possible. I have not and will not till eternity know the full understanding of Gods love for us. But I do know the more I obey, the more he reveals it, the more I love Him and obey and so it continues.

1 comment:

  1. seeing your full heart standing in front of keith's grave was so special to me. go for it, jake. we're all behind you.

    ReplyDelete