Thursday, January 28, 2010

"It's time to quit playing church and start being the Church (Matt. 18:20)". This is one thing that Keith Green was very passionate about. Ever since I read Keith's biography "No Compromise" back in 2006 I have been hungry and unsettled for a life of no compromise. In every decision we make (most importantly, the smallest places) we choose to either obey God or to neglect Him. Neglecting is our natural tendency. We are born into a sin. But when we challenge our natural thoughts and actions and seek Gods way in every situation we will experience a closeness with God and become more familiar with His voice. It breaks my heart to think that we can actually go before God and He can say "yes, I know you healed people in my name but I never knew you."
God, wake me up where I've fallen asleep. Make me like you no matter the cost.

1 comment: