Thursday, April 15, 2010

What is loving God? Not to mention loving God with all my heart, soul, mind and strength. But I wonder if a person other than me were to examine my life, would they find I love some one or something more than God?

I spend more time with my wife, I spend more money on her, and I think about her many times throughout the day. If she and I spend much time apart at all I am constantly thinking about her, calling her or writing her emails. It is painful to be away from her.

Not at all to say a relationship with your wife should suffer, but I do wonder if I truly believe it's okay to merely read my bible for 20 min a day, pray on occasion when it feels right or necessarily, do my salaries worth of work for the church, put 10% of my paycheck back in the offering plate and sometimes go a day or so without any communication with God?

I don't want to put anything in my life above God and loving him. Instead of loving anyone less or doing less of something, how can we love God more?


1 comment:

  1. Sometimes God uses what is closest to our heart to "get" to us. With me it was children, that was closer to my heart at one time then God was. With dad, it was me, he once told me that before I got sick in 98, and then went through that depression, he put me above God. During that time of me not turning to God, dad got his eyes off me "so to speak" and back on God, cause he knew that God was the only one who could work out our trials. God is true to His word when He says He will work out everything we go through for His good. It was a hard lesson for each of us to learn, but boy, did we learn. Praise God He is a God of second chances. I love you Jacob, and loving reading your blogs.

    ReplyDelete