Monday, April 27, 2009

I ran into a friend today at the coffee shop who saw the movie "God, Save us from Your followers" last night. I was unable to make the movie. But our conversation really struck a chord in me. I think that I (and maybe you) spend more time trying to convince people (and myself) that I am a good and practicing "Christian" than just simply loving people and being (without words) Christ to people. What I mean is that when we see people commiting sin, we are more apt to point out their sin (even if it is just among us, and not to their face) than we are to show them love and compassion. I think the reason we are able to become like this is due to our own self condemnation and not truly grasping our own forgiveness.  Just some thoughts. I may be way wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment